Current WIDS Membership (Jan. 2019)
Sara Larsen, Tony Willardson (WSWC)
Sam Hermitte (Texas)
Lisa Williams, Natalie Mast (Arizona)
Mat Weaver, Linda Davis (Idaho)
Ken Stahr (Oregon)
Julie Cunningham, Kent Wilkins (Oklahoma)
Gary Darling (California)
Steve Wolff (Wyoming)
Todd Adams, Candice Hasenyager (Utah)
Lane Letourneau, Ginger Pugh (Kansas)
Nancy Barber (USGS)
Allison Danner (USBOR)
Dwane Young (USEPA)
Forrest Melton (NASA)
WIDS Spring Meeting – January 2019
WIDS 2019 Planning Mtg – January 2019 – Meeting Agenda
WIDS 2019 Planning Mtg – January 2019 – Meeting Minutes
Meeting Summary: The WIDS group discussed the cloud survey results and report. An update on WaDE-Phase II was given. Upcoming conferences and meetings were reviewed. The group agreed to have quarterly calls, and possibly host a series of “mini-WIMS” over the fall-winter season to cut down on the WIMS “firehose.”
- Sara will send powerpoint, meeting materials, and any conference information
- When government shutdown ends, and preliminary WIMS plans resume, Sara will get in touch with location/date, draft agenda, etc.
- Offline discussion of private capture, intellectual property rights and pricing for cloud vendors, including ESRI – WSWC/CDWR/NASA?
Upcoming Data-Related Conferences
WIDS Spring Meeting – February 2018
WIDS Spring Mtg – February 2018 – Meeting Agenda
WIDS Spring Mtg – February 2018 – Meeting Minutes
Meeting Summary: The WIDS group discussed the cloud survey results and report. The recent WIMS workshop was reviewed. A WaDE status update was given, and proposed changes to the WaDE schema and architecture were reviewed. It was agreed to conduct another WIMS workshop in 2019, but not more frequently than annually.
- Review cloud vendor costs with the states that responded that they use the cloud. Add any figures to the cloud report. – Sara
- Send outline for cloud report, send Sara any feedback – WIDS
- Sara will contact Sam about TWDB visit – Sara
- Review schema docs and provide any suggestions for additions and deletions. – WIDS
- WIMS Workshop Summary
- Cloud Report Outline
- Proposed WaDE Schema Changes (proposed changes are highlighted in orange)
** The file above is a Data Exchange Template file that describes each WaDE data element for its XML placement. The numbering of each row of targeted data does not imply a priority. Summary/aggregated data is gathered first (the top half of data elements), then site-specific/detailed data (e.g. water rights, diversions, etc.).
WIDS Fall Meeting – October 2017
WIDS Fall Mtg – October 2017 – Meeting Agenda
WIDS Fall Mtg – October 2017 – Meeting Minutes
Meeting Summary: WIDS group members reviewed the States’ Use of Cloud Platforms Survey results and also gave feedback on the January 2018 WIMS workshop draft agenda.
- Send out link to WIDS, meeting recap, and draft WIMS agenda – WSWC
- Contact some WIDS members to follow-up on speaking topics and availability – WSWC
- Send any new or follow-up cloud survey questions or WIMS topics, if they come up – All
WIDS “Kick-off” Meeting – August 2017
WIDS Kickoff Mtg – August 2017 – Meeting Agenda
WIDS Kickoff Mtg – August 2017 – Meeting Minutes
Meeting Summary: WIDS group members gave feedback on the current status of the WaDE program, a draft survey on states’ use of cloud technologies, and topics for a Water Information Management Systems (WIMS) workshop to be conducted in January 2018.
- Distribute Aspen Report, WaDE site, survey and meeting recap – WSWC
- Send information on Justin Huntington’s Workshop – OWRD
- Send back feedback on WaDE directions, draft survey, and WIMS topics in the coming week/months – All